Global immigration law solutions with personalized service
Foster is one of the largest immigration law firms in the U.S. and has the most board-certified attorneys in immigration and nationality law in Texas. Use our search feature below to help you find an attorney to help with your immigration needs.
Avalyn Castillo LangemeierPartner
- Houston (Downtown)
- University of Texas at Austin, J.D., 1990
- Harvard University, B.A., cum laude, 1986
- Board Certified-Immigration and Nationality Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- Court of Appeals for the Fifth and Ninth Circuits
- Member of AILA’s 2014-2015 Health Care Professionals/Physicians Committee
- Houston Hispanic Bar Association
- Houston Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Former Vice President for the Northern Region of California of the Hispanic National Bar Association
- Assists employers, including companies, universities, and hospitals, as well as physicians, nurses, researchers and professors, executives, teachers, and other professionals in obtaining work visas and permanent residence
- Advises employers and human resource professionals on worksite enforcement and conducts I-9 audits and training workshops
- Speaks on immigration matters at numerous seminars for employers, community organizations and human resource professionals, including at EEOC and Gulf Coast Symposiums
- Avalyn C. Langemeier, “Tips On Hiring Gig or Independent Workers,” Mobility Magazine (July 2, 2018).
- Avalyn C. Langemeier and Kari Konikowski Blackman, “5 Ways to Manage the Workplace Immigration Process,” Workforce Magazine (October 10, 2016).
- Avalyn C. Langemeier, “Sharing the Cost of Immigration Sponsorship,” Mobility Magazine (September 2016).
- Avalyn C. Langemeier and Christine Cha-Sartori, “Congress Must Keep Conrad 30 To Aid Ailing Health System,” Law 360 (August 13, 2015).
- Kari Konikowski, Susan K. McConn, and Avalyn C. Langemeier, “New M-274 Handbook For Employers Fills Gaps In Form I-9 Guidance,” Published in:
Bender’s Immigration Bulletin – Daily Edition, http://www.bibdaily.com (January 13, 2011);
British-American Business Council (BABC) – Houston, http://www.babchouston.org (January 13, 2011);
ILW.com’s Immigration Daily, http://www.ilw.com (January 18, 2011); and,
Tracker’s E-Verify & I-9 News, http://www.everifyandi9news.com (January 13, 2011).
- Served as panel expert at AILA Houston Chapter Meeting – February 22, 2017
- Recommended in The Legal 500 United States 2013’s editorial for Labor and Employment law
- Who’s Who Legal: Corporate Immigration, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Nominated for Best Lawyer in Immigration Law for 2013
- Global Who’s Who
- Member, 2014-2015 AILA Healthcare Committee, Professionals/Physicians Committee
- Member, International Medical Group Taskforce