Global immigration law solutions with personalized service
Foster is one of the largest immigration law firms in the U.S. and has the most board-certified attorneys in immigration and nationality law in Texas. Use our search feature below to help you find an attorney to help with your immigration needs.
Kari Konikowski BlackmanSenior Attorney
- Houston (Downtown)
- University of Houston Law Center (J.D. 2008)
- University of Texas at Austin (B.S. 2001)
- Vice President of Employment-based Immigration, State Bar of Texas, Immigration and Nationality Law Section
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Coalition Against Human Trafficking
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Law Clerk, Tindall & Foster, P.C. (2006 – 2008)
- Student Attorney, University of Houston Immigration Legal Aid Clinic (2007)
- Brief Captain and Oral Advocate, Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot, Hong Kong (2006 – 2008)
* First Runner Up, Best Respondent’s Memorandum Award
- Presented on “Immigration Options for Domestic Employees” at the Houston Business and Estate Planning Council (HBEPC) luncheon in Houston, TX – October 18, 2018
- Served as session moderator for State Bar of Texas Immigration & Nationality Law Section – State Bar Annual Meeting “Legislative Updates & Proposed Rulemaking Under the Trump Administration” – June 21
- Served as session facilitator for American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) “L-1 New Office and Extension Issues” – May 17, 2018
- Co-presented HR Houston webinar “The Broader Immigration Implications of Extreme Vetting and Buy American and Hire American” – December 12, 2017
- Co-presented “Alternatives for Foreign Workers Not Selected Under the H-1B Lottery” at the HR Houston Gulf Coast Symposium – May 10, 2017
- Kari Konikowski Blackman, “9th Circ. Legal Concerns Influence Trump’s New Travel Ban,” Law360 (March 9, 2017).
- Avalyn C. Langemeier and Kari Konikowski Blackman, “5 Ways to Manage the Workplace Immigration Process,” Workforce Magazine (October 10, 2016).
- Kari Konikowski, “Key Considerations for Sponsoring Foreign Workers in the United States,” Travel Risk Management Newsletter, Vol. 1, Issue 3 (August 2012).
- Kari Konikowski and Judy J. Lee, “Strategies for Responding to Requests for Evidence on Nonimmigrant Worker Petitions,” Advanced Immigration Law Seminar (2010).
- Kari Konikowski, Susan K. McConn, and Avalyn C. Langemeier, “New M-274 Handbook For Employers Fills Gaps In Form I-9 Guidance,” Published in:
Bender’s Immigration Bulletin – Daily Edition, http://www.bibdaily.com (January 13, 2011);
British-American Business Council (BABC) – Houston, http://www.babchouston.org (January 13, 2011);
ILW.com’s Immigration Daily, http://www.ilw.com (January 18, 2011); and,
Tracker’s E-Verify & I-9 News, http://www.everifyandi9news.com (January 13, 2011).
- Texas Super Lawyer Rising Star 2018