Global immigration law solutions with personalized service
Foster is one of the largest immigration law firms in the U.S. and has the most board-certified attorneys in immigration and nationality law in Texas. Use our search feature below to help you find an attorney to help with your immigration needs.
Susan K. McConnSenior Attorney
- Houston (Downtown)
- University of Texas School of Law (J.D. 2007)
- Vanderbilt University (B.A. cum laude, Latin American & Iberian Studies, 2004)
- Council on International Educational Exchange (Salvador, Brazil, 2002; Guanajuato, Mexico, 2003)
- State Bar of Texas
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Texas, Immigration & Nationality Law Section – Charter Member
- Law Clerk, Tindall & Foster, P.C.
- Student Attorney, University of Texas Immigration Clinic
- Susan K. McConn, “New Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 Required After May 7, 2013,” HR Houston Newsletter (May 7, 2013).
- Co-author, “Dangerous Self-Help: The Risks of Losing the Attorney-Client Privilege During Form I-9 Audits,” The Immigration Compliance Book 2009-2010 Edition, Editors: Angelo A. Paparelli, L. Batya Schwartz Ehrens, and Dan Siciliano.
- Kari Konikowski, Susan K. McConn, and Avalyn C. Langemeier, “New M-274 Handbook For Employers Fills Gaps In Form I-9 Guidance,” Published in:
Bender’s Immigration Bulletin – Daily Edition, http://www.bibdaily.com (January 13, 2011);
British-American Business Council (BABC) – Houston, http://www.babchouston.org (January 13, 2011);
ILW.com’s Immigration Daily, http://www.ilw.com (January 18, 2011); and,
Tracker’s E-Verify & I-9 News, http://www.everifyandi9news.com (January 13, 2011).
- Robert F. Loughran and Susan Kelly (McConn), “The Practical Implications of the DHS Final Rule on Electronic Form I-9 Signatures and Storage,” Tracker’s E-Verify and I-9 News, http://everifyandi9news.com (July 29, 2010).
- Texas Law Fellowship (2006)
- Proficient in Spanish
- Basic knowledge of Portuguese