Managing Director, Dallas Office
Elise Healy was Board Certified in Immigration & Nationality Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in 1996 and has practiced exclusively in US immigration law since 1991. Licensed in Texas, she advises U.S. and foreign companies on how to secure the global talent they need to be competitive.
Widely recognized as a top attorney in U.S. immigration law, Elise Healy represents firms and organizations ranging from multinationals to start-ups, in all types of immigration matters. She understands that U.S. employers who hire foreign nationals do so because they must recruit specific talent to succeed.
Ms. Healy partners with her clients to ensure that both employers and employees understand the complex, often uncertain U.S. immigration regime. She works with employers to make certain they comply with federal and, increasingly, state laws governing immigration and work authorization. She also advises foreign investors seeking permanent residence based on investment through the EB-5 program.
- Counsels clients seeking temporary professional or investor visas under the US Mexico Canada (USMCA, formerly NAFTA) treaty;
- Secures temporary and permanent visas for professionals, trainees, multinational executives, managers, and investors, including H-1B, H-3, L-1, O-1 E-1, E-2, R-1 and all permanent visa classifications;
- Represents a wide range of U.S. employers in all types of immigration matters before the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Labor, and the U.S. Department of State;
- Advises clients on compliance with employer sanctions provisions of the Immigration Act and on best practices to avoid I-9 and Department of Labor investigations
- Conducts on-site training for human resources managers, expatriate administrators, and recruiting staff on immigration legal developments that affect international transfers.
› Business Immigration
›Immigration Investigations and I-9 Audits
J.D, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 1991
M.P.A., New York University, 1980
A.B., Barnard College, Columbia University, 1972
State Bar of Texas
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
›American Immigration Lawyers Association
› Dallas Bar Foundation
› Texas Bar Association, Immigration Section
Board Certified, Immigration & Nationality Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization (1996)
“The Best Lawyers in America” (2005-2021)
Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated