Judy J. Lee is a partner with Foster LLP. Recognized by Chambers USA, Best Lawyers in America, Texas Super Lawyers, and Who’s Who Legal: Corporate Immigration, Judy handles a wide variety of immigration and nationality matters, with a special focus on employment-based immigration.
Judy is a native Houstonian and received her law degree from the University of Houston Law School.
Judy is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), and has held several leadership positions in this organization. She has also served on the Texas Board of Legal Specialization’s Immigration and Nationality Law Exam Committee. She is a frequent presenter on immigration topics.
Judy is Board Certified in Immigration and Nationality Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and is licensed to practice in the State of Texas.
Why Did You Decide To Become An Immigration Attorney?
Immigrants make America a stronger and better country by contributing their talents, creativity, hard work and diverse perspectives. I very quickly found practicing immigration law to be wonderful and challenging work and a life’s calling. – Judy Lee
- December, 2019 – Presented on “Immigration Trends, Updates, and Best Practices” at the Forum for Expatriate Management meeting in Houston, TX.
- October, 2018 – Presented on the latest trends in I-140 adjudication and PERMs, including ideas and practical advice on how to handle the employment-based immigration process in this era of greater scrutiny and restriction at University of Texas 42nd Annual Conference on Immigration and Nationality Law in Austin, TX.
- October, 2018 – Co-presented on “Visa Options for Domestic Employees” at the Houston Estate and Business Planning Council Luncheon in Houston, TX.
- August, 2018 – Presented as a guest speaker and discussion leader for AILA’s webinar on “Schedule A, Group II: What is it? How do you do it?”
- March, 2018 – Presented at the Asian Chamber of Commerce’s International Women’s Day in Houston, TX.
- June, 2017 – Presented on “Finding What’s Special in Specialty Occupation Cases” at the AILA Annual Conference on Immigration Law in New Orleans, LA.
- April, 2017 – Presented on “Hot Topics and Updates in U.S. Immigration” at Forum of Expatriate Management (FEM) Chapter Meeting in Houston, TX.
- April, 2017 – Presented on “EB Preference Categories – Practice Tips” at the AILA Texas Chapter Spring Conference in South Padre Island, TX.
- February, 2017 – Presented on “Managing Immigration to and from the U.S. in Light of Changing Attitues and New Governments” at the Forum of Expatriate Management (FEM) Conference in Houston, TX.
- October, 2016 – Presented on the “Fundamentals of Immigration and Nationality Law” at the University of Texas Conference in Austin, TX.
- March, 2016 – Presented on immigration opportunities for start-ups and entrepreneurs at workshop hosted by Enventure in Houston, TX.
- September, 2014 – Presented on visa and immigration options to potential business investors as a part of the TexasOne Business Recruitment Mission of the Texas State Department Office of Economic Development and Tourism in China.
- Advanced Immigration Law Seminar (2010) “Strategies for Responding to Requests for Evidence on Nonimmigrant Worker Petitions”
- Susan K. Wehrer, M. Mercedes Badia-Tavas, and Judy J. Lee, “Studies in Chaos Theory: Guiding Clients Through Appropriate Uses of the Temporary Visitor Visa Categories, Immigration & Nationality Law Handbook 299 (2007-08 ed.)
- “Strategies for I-140 and I-485 Filings: Recent Developments,” Immigration & Nationality Law Handbook 641 (2005-06 ed.).
- New Border Immigration Bill and its Impact on High Tech Companies
- University of Houston Law Center “Notable Woman in the Corporate World”
- Chambers USA Band 1 Attorney (2019)
- Best Lawyers in America (2007-Present)
- Texas Super Lawyer (2004-Present)
- “Houston’s Top Lawyers” in Immigration Law – by H Texas Magazine
- Who’s Who Legal: Corporate Immigration