Raquel Burson is an attorney at Foster LLP in our Austin office. Her practice is focused primarily on U.S. and international employment-based corporate immigration, especially in the Latin American Region and Portuguese-speaking countries around the world as part of the firm’s Global Migration Section.
Raquel graduated from the University of Texas School of Law and received her undergraduate degree from Universidade do Estado do Amazonas in Brazil.
Prior to joining the firm and receiving her Master’s degree in International Arbitration, Environmental and Energy Law in Texas, Raquel lived and worked in Brazil. She was a member of the first class to graduate from the Universidade do Estado do Amazonas Law School.
Raquel is a licensed attorney in Brazil and licensed to practice in the State of New York. She is an active member of the Brazilian Bar Association (OAB/AM), New York State Bar Association, American Immigration Lawyers Association (Texas Chapter) and Global Migration Section.
Why Did You Decide To Become An Immigration Attorney?
As an Immigration Attorney, I can serve as a bridge to connect talent, loved ones, provide hope for those who had to leave their home countries in dire circumstances, bring the world closer and make it a better place. – Raquel Burson
- May, 2019 – Presented “The Legalization of Marijuana: Immigration-Related Impacts” at the 2019 Gulf Coast Symposium in Houston, TX.
- January, 2019 – Presented “Why I am Glad America is a Nation of Immigrants” at Round Rock Elementary School in Austin, TX.
- April, 2017 – Volunteered at an immigration clinic hosted by Texas Here to Stay in Austin, TX.
- October, 2016 – Presented “How to Do Business in the United States” at the University of Texas at San Antonio International Business Accelerator.
- August, 2016 – Presented on immigration opportunities for investors in Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, Brazil.
- March, 2016 – Volunteered at Austin Citizenship Drive in collaboration with the Consulate General of Mexico in Austin, the Equal Justice Center, NALEO Educational Fund and Univision Austin.
- November, 2015 – Presented “Doing Business in Brazil” at The University of Texas Pan American in Edinburg, TX.
- AILA Global Migration Section Digest (October, 2017), “Will New Brazilian Migration Laws Lead to Practical Immigration Solutions?”