Benjamin Schatz is partner at Foster LLP in our Houston office. His practice is primarily focused on representing investors and multinational corporations in their immigrant and nonimmigrant processes.
Benjamin graduated from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law and received both a Bachelor of Business Administration and Master in Professional Accounting from The University of Texas at Austin.
Benjamin has represented both asylum-seekers and Special Immigrant Juveniles on a pro bono basis, and he previously coordinated the immigration program of a major San Antonio non-profit organization. He has also participated in numerous free legal clinics and naturalization workshops and has volunteered for immigration-focused call-in programs.
Prior to receiving his law degree and joining the firm, Benjamin gained valuable business experience as an auditor for one of the “Big Four” international accounting firms.
Benjamin is licensed to practice in the State of Texas and is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and State Bar of Texas.
Why Did You Decide To Become An Immigration Attorney?
I believe that one of the great strengths of the United States is the dynamism and diversity that comes from being a country comprised largely of immigrants. I decided to become an immigration attorney to help continue this country’s rich tradition of absorbing ideas, cultures, knowledge, and economic contributions from around the world. – Benjamin Schatz
- October, 2021 – Co-presented on “Travel Issues – Where in the World? How in the World? How Do I Get There?” in the 2021 Foster Fall Seminar.
- April, 2019 – Co-presented on “What’s Next for F-1 Students When the H-1B Lottery Is Over? – H-1B Cap Gap and Other F-1 Student Issues” in a Foster webinar.
- February, 2019 – Participated in the Texas Investment Summit that was sponsored by the State of Texas’s Mexico Office in Queretaro, Mexico.
- September, 2018 – Presented in an investor seminar hosted by Invierta en USA in Guadalajara, Mexico.
- June, 2018 – Presented in the “How to do business in the United States” forum with the Entrepreneurs’ Organization of Guadalajara, Mexico.
- June, 2018 – Represented the firm at the Africa Trade & Investment Global Summit (ATIGS) in Washington, D.C.
- February, 2018 – Served as panelist for the “Mexico-Texas Business Expansion” forum hosted by the State of Texas Mexico Office in Leon, Mexico.
- November, 2017 – Presented in a Passport to Success seminar hosted by Plan B Immigration Solution Services in Quito, Ecuador.
- July, 2017 – Presented on the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program for a real estate developer in Panama City, Panama.
- March, 2017 – Presented on the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program for an investment management firm in Beijing, China.
- May, 2016 – Presented on the basics of immigration law to the Houston Young Lawyers Association.