Delisa Bressler is a partner at Foster LLP in our Austin office. Recognized by Who’s Who Legal, her practice is primarily focused on temporary U.S. work visas, employment and family-based U.S. lawful permanent residency, and naturalization to U.S. citizenship.
Delisa graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and received her undergraduate degree from the University of Louisiana at Monroe.
Delisa is Board Certified in Immigration & Nationality Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and is licensed to practice in the State of Texas. Delisa is also an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and the State Bar of Texas.
- June, 2018 – Presented on immigration law in San Francisco, CA at the 2018 AILA Annual Conference.
- February, 2018 – Interviewed with Good Day Austin on FOX 7 about the upcoming DACA expiration and what Democrats plan to do about this.
- April, 2017 – Presented on “Matter of Dhanasar Ushers in a New Era for National Interest Waivers” at the AILA Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico Chapter Spring Conference in South Padre Island, TX.
- June, 2016 – Appeared on Austin’s KXAN to discuss the impact of the Supreme Court’s 4-4 decisions on President Obama’s executive actions on immigration.
- January, 2016 – Interviewed with Inc. Magazine on the annual H-1B filing rush for H-1B visas under the fiscal year H-1B quota.
- November, 2015 – Interviewed with Austin’s Fox7 News to discuss the lengthy refugee vetting process that takes up to two years.
- May, 2015 – Presented on “Consular Processing for Experts” ILW panel.
- April, 2015 – Presented on “Managing Ethical Issues in the Context of Dual Representation” at the AILA Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico Chapter Spring Conference in Santa Fe, NM.
- November, 2014 – Appeared on Austin’s KEYE-TV to discuss the president’s executive action on immigration and the community’s reaction to it.
- Austin American-Statesman (August, 2017), “Why the U.S. doesn’t need Canada’s immigration system”
- Relocate Global Magazine (June, 2017), “Long-awaited Immigration Regulation Codifies New Restrictions and Benefits”
- Corporate Counsel (April, 2017), “Long-awaited Immigration Regulation Codifies New Restrictions and Benefits”
- The National Law Journal (November, 2016), “Can Trump Bring About Immigration Reform?”
- Smart Business (February, 2016), “H-1B filing season – What the CEO should know.”
- Law 360 (October, 2015), “Only Time Will Tell Over Oct. Immigration Visa Bulletin.”
- Mobility Magazine (June, 2015), “H-4 Work Authorization: What to Expect.”
- Who’s Who Legal: Corporate Immigration (2019)
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star, Top Young Lawyers in Texas (2008-2012)
- Recommended in The Legal 500 United States 2013’s editorial for Labor and Employment law
- Who’s Who Legal: Corporate Immigration (2016-2018)