Dorothee Mitchell is a partner at Foster LLP in our Austin office. She works primarily with immigration law in relation to energy, education, and the IT industry, with a special focus on European and German corporations and German-speaking clients. Dorothee is also specialized in German citizenship matters with special focus on Beibehaltungsgenehmigungen.
Dorothee received her law degree from the University of Trier and her lawyer training (Rechtsreferendarin) in the state of Bavaria.
Dorothee is licensed to practice in the State of California and Germany, and is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and the German American Lawyers Association (GALA).
Dorothee is the Honorary Consul of Germany in Austin, Texas.
- October, 2021 – Co-presented on “Updates on Work Authorization – Remote Work, Work Visas and Permanent Residence” in the 2021 Foster Fall Seminar.
- October, 2019 – Presented “What can you do on a B-Visa?” at The University of Texas Conference in Austin, TX.
- July, 2019 – Co-presented on “Living Under The H-1B Cap: Alternative Visa Options and Strategies for Employing Foreign Nationals in the U.S.” in a Foster webinar.
- April, 2019 – Presented on recent and possibly forthcoming changes in U.S. immigration law to the Finnish Chamber of Commerce and other Nordic Chambers in Houston, TX.
- September, 2018 – Presented on the impact of the Trump Administration policy on U.S. businesses to the Finnish and Swedish American Chamber of Commerce in Houston, TX.
- April, 2017 – Presented on Student Visa and Trainee Visa Options at the AILA Rome-EMEA Chapter Spring Conference in Brussels, Belgium.
- October, 2016 – Presented “H-E-L-P – Alternatives H-1B” at The University of Texas Conference in Austin, TX.
- October, 2016 – Presented “Toga! Student Visa: SEVIS and OPT Issues” at the AILA Rome-EMEA Chapter Fall Conference in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- July, 2016 – Guest Presenter at HR Houston’s webinar “Top 5 Trending Issues in Immigration.”
- Dorothee B. Mitchell as new Honorary Counsul of the Federal Republic of Germany (May, 2021), “Consul General Thomas H. Meister introduces Ms Dorothee B. Mitchell as new Honorary Consul of the Federal Republic of Germany in Austin, Texas – Federal Foreign Office“
- ILW (April, 2010), “I-140 Book”
- Who’s Who Legal: Corporate Immigration “Most Highly Regarded Future Leaders” (2020, 2021)
- Who’s Who Legal: Corporate Immigration “Future Leaders” (2019)