Helene N. Dang is a partner at Foster LLP in the Houston office and is Board Certified in Immigration and Nationality Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Recognized as a Best Lawyer in America, Texas Super Lawyer, and Who’s Who in Corporate Immigration Law, Helene focuses her practice on corporate immigration. She primarily manages employment-based immigration processes for employers, from large multinational corporations to start-up companies, across a wide variety of industries. She has extensive experience with global mobility issues, corporate compliance and immigration policy, nonimmigrant visa processing, employment-based permanent residency, PERM labor certification, specialty visas, consular processing, naturalization and citizenship, and complex immigration matters, such as mergers and acquisitions.
Helene graduated from South Texas College of Law and received her undergraduate degree from the University of Houston. Helene is licensed in the State of Texas and has been practicing U.S. immigration and nationality law exclusively for over 18 years.
Helene is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Asian American Bar Association of Houston and Houston Bar Association; and has volunteered her time with the Houston Volunteer Lawyers and Houston Bar Association Lawyers for Literacy Program through which she has earned the HBA President’s Award. She presents frequently at HR professional symposiums and AILA immigration bar conferences and guest lectures at the Immigration Clinic at South Texas College of Law – Houston.
- October, 2020 – Presented on “Immigration 101 For All Employers, Including During the Pandemic” at the 2020 Asian Chamber of Commerce Virtual Business Conference and Expo.
- October, 2020 – Presented on “Top 5 Things HR Professionals Need to Know in Immigration Today” at the HR Houston’s Legalkwik Program.
- June, 2019 – Presented on a panel on “Giving a Boost to the Little Guy: Strategies for Advising Small and Emerging Businesses” at the 2019 AILA Annual Conference on Immigration Law in Orlando, Florida.
- May, 2019 – Presented on “Developing and Enforcing a Corporate Immigration Policy” at the 2019 Gulf Coast Symposium in Houston, TX.
- April, 2018 – Presented on Top U.S. Immigration Topics at the 2018 23rd Annual Asian Pacific Interest Section (APIS) of the Texas State Bar Conference in Austin, TX.
- October, 2016 – Presented on “Fostering an Innovative Immigration Policy” at the HR Southwest conference in Fort Worth, TX.
- February, 2016 – Presented on “Overcoming Obstacles to Immigration in the U.S.,” in a panel at the FEM Global Mobility conference.
- October, 2015 – Presented on “Top 10 Considerations Before Starting a PERM Labor Certification Case” at the University of Texas at Austin’s Immigration Law Conference in Austin, TX.
- Corporate Counsel Magazine (March, 2016), “Overcoming Employment Obstacles Provoked by US Immigration Issues”
- Best Lawyers in America (2019-2021)
- Texas Super Lawyer (2018-2020)
- Who’s Who Legal: Corporate Immigration (2016-2021)
- Houston Bar Association President’s Award (2016)
- “Rising Star” by Texas Monthly magazine (2011, 2012)
- Houstonia Magazine, Top Lawyer in Immigration Law in Houston, TX (2011, 2014, 2017, 2019, 2020)
- Recommended in The Legal 500 United States 2013’s editorial for Labor and Employment law
- Selection for inclusion in Lawyers of Color’s Hot List of Lawyers for the Southwest Region (2013)