John Meyer is a partner at Foster LLP in our Houston office. Recognized as a Best Lawyer in America and Chambers USA, John manages the firm’s investor team focusing on nonimmigrant and EB-5 solutions for multinational companies and foreign investors.
John graduated with honors from Thomas M. Cooley Law School and received his undergraduate degree from Michigan State University.
John helps his clients develop a strategy for setting up business and investing in the U.S. He works directly with individual investors and Regional Centers. He lecturers frequently on immigration topics at local and regional conferences and led the opening of three Foster locations around the globe: El Salvador, Vietnam, and Edinburg, Texas.
John is Board Certified in Immigration and Nationality Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and is licensed to practice in the State of Texas and an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).
Why Did You Decide To Become An Immigration Attorney?
Prior to joining the firm I worked in customs law. As soon as I began practicing immigration law, I knew I had found my calling. I really enjoyed interacting and meeting different types of people and ultimately help them realize their business and personal goals through business immigration into the U.S. — John Meyer
- January, 2019 – Presented on how to obtain business and investment visas to immigration to the United States to Mexican entrepreneurs who want to invest, establish, and expand business in Texas at Invest in Texas “Investing & Doing Business in Texas” event in Mexico City, Mexico.
- January, 2019 – Presented to entrepreneurs and other migration professions in coordination with the American Business on the U.S. immigration opportunity through the EB-5 visa in San Pedro Sula and Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
- February, 2018 – Presented at forum “Come Learn How to Fast Track Green Card with EB5”at the Indo American’s Chamber of Commerce of Greater Houston.
- October, 2017 – Presented at EB-5 Conference in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- November, 2016 – Presented on a panel on “Outlook on EB-5: New Regulation, Rules, and Opportunities in 2017” to the Investment Immigration Summit ASEAN 2016 in the InterContinental Bangkok Hotel in Bangkok, Thailand.
- April, 2016 – Presented on immigration options for investors at the COMCE (Consejo Empresarial Mexicano de Comercio Exterior, Inversión y Tecnología, AC) in Mexico City, Mexico.
- October, 2015 – Presented at the International Business Forum event in San Antonio, TX.
- Familias Latinas, Año 8/Nro.45. “Programa Visa EB-5”
- AILA Publication (2000), Consular Processing Selected Writings and Source Materials
- Chambers USA Band 3 Attorney (2019)
- Texas Super Lawyer (2004-Present)
- Best Lawyer in America (2010-Present)
- Who’s Who Legal: Corporate Immigration (2017-2019)
- “Rising Star” by Texas Monthly magazine (2004)
- Chambers Leading Lawyer (2014)
- “Top Lawyer” by H Texas Magazine (2004)