John Meyer is a partner at Foster LLP in our Houston office. Recognized as a Best Lawyer in America and Chambers USA, John manages the firm’s investor team focusing on nonimmigrant and EB-5 solutions for multinational companies and foreign investors.
John graduated with honors from Thomas M. Cooley Law School and received his undergraduate degree from Michigan State University.
John helps his clients develop a strategy for setting up business and investing in the U.S. He works directly with individual investors and Regional Centers. He lecturers frequently on immigration topics at local and regional conferences and led the opening of four Foster locations around the globe: El Salvador, Vietnam, Beijing, and Edinburg, Texas. While Houston is his home base, John can be found traveling and working from our overseas locations throughout the year.
John is Board Certified in Immigration and Nationality Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and is licensed to practice in the State of Texas and an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).
Why Did You Decide To Become An Immigration Attorney?
Prior to joining the firm I worked in customs law. As soon as I began practicing immigration law, I knew I had found my calling. I really enjoyed interacting and meeting different types of people and ultimately help them realize their business and personal goals through business immigration into the U.S. — John Meyer
- September, 2021 – Presented “Tips for International Companies Investing in the Lone Star State” in an English and Spanish webinar for Let’s Talk Texas.
- August, 2021 – Presented on a panel at Forum 117 “Reality Of Business In Mexico And The World”.
- August, 2021 – Presented on how to do business in the US in a virtual seminar on Economic Development of the State of Coahuila.
- June, 2021 – Presented on a panel on Navigating the U.S. Landscape at the Select USA Investment Summit virtually.
- August, 2020 – Presented “Passport to Success: Business Visas in the United States” in the virtual Visas Event: Previous Consul / SelectUSA Meeting hosted by COFOCE.
- July, 2019 – Presented to Vietnamese investors seeking foreign investment opportunities at the KP Vietnam Investment Migration Summit in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- June, 2019 – Presented on a panel to discuss how potential investors & entrepreneurs can successfully navigate the U.S. visa landscape and alternative immigration processes at the 2019 Select USA Investment Summit in Washington, D.C.
- May, 2019 – Presented to Vietnamese investors on how to obtain U.S. business and EB5 investment visas at the Foreign Investment & Immigration Expo hosted by Khai Phu Investments and Migration Agency in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- April, 2019 – Presented on a panel about U.S. immigration and the benefits of the EB-5 Program at the Home and Lifestyle Expo hosted by Pearl Bay Consulting, Ltd. in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- January, 2019 – Presented on how to obtain business and investment visas to immigration to the United States to Mexican entrepreneurs who want to invest, establish, and expand business in Texas at Invest in Texas “Investing & Doing Business in Texas” event in Mexico City, Mexico.
- January, 2019 – Presented to entrepreneurs and other migration professions in coordination with the American Business on the U.S. immigration opportunity through the EB-5 visa in San Pedro Sula and Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
- February, 2018 – Presented at forum “Come Learn How to Fast Track Green Card with EB5”at the Indo American’s Chamber of Commerce of Greater Houston.
- October, 2017 – Presented at EB-5 Conference in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- November, 2016 – Presented on a panel on “Outlook on EB-5: New Regulation, Rules, and Opportunities in 2017” to the Investment Immigration Summit ASEAN 2016 in the InterContinental Bangkok Hotel in Bangkok, Thailand.
- April, 2016 – Presented on immigration options for investors at the COMCE (Consejo Empresarial Mexicano de Comercio Exterior, Inversión y Tecnología, AC) in Mexico City, Mexico.
- October, 2015 – Presented at the International Business Forum event in San Antonio, TX.
- Real Estate Sharks (2022), Forum 154 “Investment Perspectives in the United States”
- Texas Economic Development Webinar (2021), Let’s Talk Texas: Tips for International Businesses Investing in the Lone Star State
- KP Vietnam Investment Migration Summit (2019), Global Immigration Meeting, Khai Phu Expo
- Select USA Investment Summit (2019), Navigating the U.S. Visa Landscape
- Univision (2014), Foster LLP Socio John W. Meyer discute accion executivo con Univision
- Univision (2012), “Aquí y Ahora”, FosterQuan Partner John Meyer Appears in “Visas Para Ricos” Segment on EB-5 Investor Visas (Spanish)
- Telemundo Houston (2010), Immigration Options Available to Entrepreneurs Fleeing Mexican Violence (Spanish)
- Telemundo Houston (2010), John W. Meyer Discusses Immigration Influx of Prosperous Mexican Families Fleeing Violence (Spanish)
- Familias Latinas, Año 8/Nro.45. “Programa Visa EB-5”
- AILA Publication (2000), Consular Processing Selected Writings and Source Materials
- Who’s Who Legal: Corporate Immigration (2017 – Present)
- Chambers USA Band 3 Attorney (2019)
- Texas Super Lawyer (2004 – Present)
- Best Lawyer in America (2010 – Present)
- “Rising Star” by Texas Monthly magazine (2004)
- Chambers Leading Lawyer (2014)
- “Top Lawyer” by H Texas Magazine (2004)