José Pérez is a partner at Foster LLP in our Houston office. Recognized by Best Lawyers in America, Texas Super Lawyers, and Who’s Who Legal, he works primarily in employment and family-based immigration.
José graduated from Texas Southern University and received his undergraduate degree from St. Mary’s University.
José is an active member of his community and is especially involved with immigration issues relating to health care professionals, employment and family-based immigration, and consular issues. He frequently speaks at events such as the National Immigration Lawyer’s Conference, and is a co-host of the weekly radio show “Coming to America” on Pacifica Radio 90.1.
José is Board Certified in Immigration and Nationality Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and is licensed to practice in the State of Texas.
Why Did You Decide To Become An Immigration Attorney?
My own and my family’s journey to the U.S. in 1965 as Cuban refugees left an indelible mark in who I am, my career choice and on my decision to become an immigration lawyer. As a former refugee, I’m most grateful and honored to be a Cuban-American. – José R. Pérez
- February, 2017 – Appeared on Univision to discuss President Trump’s immigration policies
- December, 2016 – Presented on a panel titled “Allied Health Professionals” at the Physician Immigration Law Institute event in Washington, D.C.
- March, 2015 – Spoke on President Obama’s Executive Action proposals at the Mexican Consulate General in Houston, TX.
- November, 2014 – Spoke with Univision 45’s Conexion Texas program regarding President Obama’s executive action.
- Who’s Who Legal: Corporate Immigration (2019)
- Best Lawyers in America (2007- 2018)
- Texas Super Lawyer (2004-2018)
- Who’s Who in American Law
- Who’s Who Latino American (2013-2015)