Oxana Bowman is a partner at Foster LLP in our Houston office. Her practice focuses primarily on nonimmigrant visa petitions and permanent residency applications, including PERM labor certification applications, multinational manager/executive priority workers, outstanding researchers and National Interest Waivers.
A graduate of the University of Houston Law Center with a Master’s degree from North Caucasus Federal University in Russia, Oxana also worked as a research assistant for the University of Houston Law Center.
Oxana serves as a mentor to university students at the UHLC Upper Management Mentoring and Part-Time Partners Program. Prior to joining the firm and receiving her law degree, Oxana worked as a Legal Counsel for a local technology company.
Oxana is licensed to practice in the State of Louisiana and is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and Louisiana State Bar Association – Ethics Advisory Service Committee. Oxana is frequent AILA publications editor.
- February, 2022 – Presented on “To (H-1)B or Not to (H-1)B – Preparing for the H-1B Cap Season” in a Foster webinar.
- January, 2022 – Presented on “To (H-1)B or Not to (H-1)B – Cap Season from February through October” in a webinar for HR Houston.
- October, 2021 – Co-presented on “Travel Issues – Where in the World? How in the World? How Do I Get There?” in the 2021 Foster Fall Seminar.
- March, 2021 – Speaker for the French American Chamber of Commerce Texas webinar discussing the latest U.S. immigration updates.
- February, 2020 – Guest quiz master at the First Annual Immigration Trivia Contest & Happy Hour at the TexasBarCLE Advanced Immigration Law Conference in Houston, TX.
- 2018 – Guest panelist at American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Annual Conference on Immigration Law “H-1B Fundamentals: Intro to H-1B Specialty Workers”
- 2018 – Member of the Ethics Advisory Service Committee of Louisiana State Bar Association for 2018-2019
- 2018 – Publications Subcommittee of Rules of Professional Conduct Committee of Louisiana Bar Association for 2018-2019
- 2017 – Co-presenter at HR Club of the French-American Chamber of Commerce “What’s New in Immigration? Everything!”
- Texas Lawyer Magazine (November, 2021), “Biden Administration to Ease International Travel Restrictions for Vaccinated Travelers”