Ryan Chargois is a partner and global section lead at Foster LLP in our Austin office. Recognized as a Thought Leader in Corporation Immigration by Who’s Who Legal, his practice is primarily focused on securing work authorizations and work permits around the globe.
A graduate of The University of Texas School of Law, Ryan received his L.L.M. from the University of Paris I: Panthéon-Sorbonne, and his undergraduate degree from The University of Texas at Austin.
Ryan is an involved member of the legal community, and is a member of several organizations including; the Austin Bar Association, Austin Young Lawyers Association and American Bar Association.
Prior to joining the firm and receiving his law degree, Ryan studied abroad in France.
Ryan is licensed to practice in the State of Texas and is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and State Bar of Texas.
- September, 2016 – Presented on how to apply your U.S. immigration knowledge to global assignments at the Texas Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) conference in Houston, TX.
- August, 2014 – Presented on “Top Ten Principles for Global Immigration Policy Formation” at the Austin Human Resources Management Association’s 2014 Conference in Austin, TX.
- May, 2014 – Presented on immigration issues for human resource departments at the Gulf Coast Symposium in Houston, TX.
- February, 2014 – Panelist on “Managing Compliance Risk for Short Term Assignees” at the Totally Expat Show in Houston, TX.
- October, 2013 – Presented on Travel Risk Management at the 3rd Global Congress.
- Mobility Magazine (April, 2017), “Staying Ahead of the Compliance Curve – Heading Off Risks in Short Term Assignments”
- Mobility Magazine (August, 2009), “Last Page – The Importance of Centralized Global Immigration Management”
- Who’s Who Legal: Corporate Immigration (2019)
- Who’s Who Legal: Corporate Immigration (2017 – 2018)
- Who’s Who Legal: Thought Leaders, Corporate Immigration (2019)