Sandra Dorsthorst is a senior attorney at Foster LLP in our Houston office. Recognized by Best Lawyers in America, she practices employment-based immigration law, specializing in both temporary work visas and permanent residency solutions.
Sandra graduated from University of Houston Law Center with a J.D. equivalent from Utrecht University in The Netherlands.
Sandra is licensed to practice in the State of New York and is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and New York State Bar Association.
Why Did You Decide To Become An Immigration Attorney?
I became an immigration attorney as I wanted to help people who come to this country to secure a better future for themselves and their family. As an immigrant myself I can relate to my clients and I understand why this is so important to them. – Sandra Dorsthorst
- July, 2018 – Expert Panelist on the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Webinar “All ‘Ls’ Broken Loose in Texas.”
- June, 2018 – Guest Panelist on HR Houston’s Webinar “Alternative Work Visa Options When There Are No More H-1B Visas.”
- June, 2017 – Presented on U.S. Citizenship Application processes to members of the German American Chamber of Commerce (GACC).
- May, 2014 – Presented on immigration issues for human resource departments at the Gulf Coast Symposium in Houston, TX.
- Best Lawyers in America 2019