Sandra Dorsthorst is a partner at Foster LLP in our Houston office. Recognized by Best Lawyers in America, she practices employment-based immigration law, focusing on both temporary work visas and permanent residency solutions, family-based immigration law and naturalization.
Sandra graduated from University of Houston Law Center with a Master of Laws degree. She also earned a J.D. equivalent from Utrecht University in The Netherlands.
Sandra is licensed to practice in the State of New York and is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).
Why Did You Decide To Become An Immigration Attorney?
I became an immigration attorney as I wanted to help people who come to this country to secure a better future for themselves and their family. As an immigrant myself I can relate to my clients and I understand why this is so important to them. – Sandra Dorsthorst
- October, 2021 – Co-presented on “Updates on Work Authorization – Remote Work, Work Visas and Permanent Residence” in the 2021 Foster Fall Seminar.
- June, 2019 – Co-presented on “Blanket L-1 – Intracompany Transferee Visas” in a Foster webinar.
- July, 2018 – Expert Panelist on the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Webinar “All ‘Ls’ Broken Loose in Texas.”
- June, 2018 – Guest Panelist on HR Houston’s Webinar “Alternative Work Visa Options When There Are No More H-1B Visas.”
- June, 2017 – Presented on U.S. Citizenship Application processes to members of the German American Chamber of Commerce (GACC).
- June, 2015 – Expert Panelist on the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Annual Conference “Getting Cozy with Blanket L-1 Visas.”
- May, 2014 – Presented on immigration issues for human resource departments at the Gulf Coast Symposium in Houston, TX.
- Best Lawyers in America (2018 – Present)
- Who’s Who Legal: Corporate Immigration (2019 – 2021)