Todd Fowler is a partner at Foster LLP in our Austin office. Recognized by Who’s Who Legal: Corporate Immigration, he works primarily in inbound U.S. and outbound global employment-based immigration law, as well as Form I-9 compliance and employer sanctions and family-based immigration law.
Todd graduated cum laude from the University of Miami and received his undergraduate degree from the University of Richmond.
Todd is involved with several different legal associations in the Austin area and frequently presents on U.S. and global business immigration topics, as well as immigration issues faced by U.S. colleges and universities.
Prior to joining the firm and receiving his law degree, Todd volunteered with the Peace Corps in Kazakhstan and interned with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Todd is licensed to practice in the State of Texas and is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Austin Bar Association, Austin Young Lawyers Association and Austin Relocation Council.
- February, 2021 – Presented on “Immigration Changes in the New Administration” at the San Antonio Relocation Council.
- August, 2020 – Presented at the Texas/Oklahoma Virtual Mobility Roundtable “Work Anywhere – Immigration Considerations.”
- April, 2019 – Co-presented on “What’s Next for F-1 Students When the H-1B Lottery Is Over? – H-1B Cap Gap and Other F-1 Student Issues” in a Foster webinar.
- March, 2019 – Presented on “Employment Options After Graduation” to undergraduates as part of the University of Texas San Antonio Employment Seminar in San Antonio, TX.
- February, 2019 – Presented on “Employment Options After Graduation” to undergraduates as part of the University of Texas Employment Seminar in Austin, TX.
- February, 2019 – Presented on “Resume Building For LPR Purposes” to University of Texas Health San Antonio postdocs in San Antonio, TX.
- February, 2019 – Presented on “Employment Options After Graduation” as part of the University of Texas Health San Antonio Employment Seminar in San Antonio, TX.
- November, 2018 – Presented “Options After Graduation” at the Office of International Programs at the University of Texas at San Antonio’s Fall 2018 workshop in San Antonio, TX to discuss nonimmigrant employment opportunities and permanent residency options to consider after graduation.
- June, 2016 – Presented “Putting Your U.S. Immigration Knowledge to Work Managing Global Assignments,” at the Austin Human Resource Management Association (AHRMA) 2016 Annual Conference at the Renaissance Hotel in Austin, TX.
- May, 2016 – Presented “Communications Guide for Managing a U.S. and Global Immigration Program,” at the Gulf Coast Symposium in Houston, TX.
- May, 2016 – Presented “Putting Your U.S. Immigration Knowledge to Work Managing Global Assignments,” at the Dallas HR Association in Dallas, TX.
- March, 2016 – Guest Speaker on AILA podcast “Setting up a Global Outbound Immigration Practice.”
- January, 2016 – Presented “Doing Business in Canada” at Energy Industries Council (EIC) in Houston, TX.
- May, 2015 – Presented on issues in international immigration at the 2015 Gulf Coast Symposium in Houston, TX.
- Worldwide ERC (September, 2020), “2020 is Not Over Yet – End of Year Trends in Business Immigration“
- Who’s Who Legal: Corporate Immigration (2016 – 2021)