Vi Nguyen is a senior attorney at Foster LLP in our Houston office. Vi works primarily in employment-based immigration matters.
A graduate of Thurgood Marshall School of Law with an undergraduate degree from the University of Texas at Austin, Vi served as a student attorney in the Thurgood Marshall School of Law’s Immigration Clinic and served as President of the Asian Pacific American Law Students Association.
Prior to joining the firm and receiving her law degree, Vi worked as an intern with The Department of Homeland Security for the state of Texas and worked as a VAWA volunteer for the Texas Civil Rights Project. After that, she worked as an attorney at other immigration firms where she gained extensive experience working on removal cases and employment-based immigration cases, as well as gaining experience litigating in both immigration court and federal court.
Vi is licensed to practice in the State of Texas and in the Southern District of Texas. She is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), where she has published articles for AILA.
Why Did You Decide To Become An Immigration Attorney?
As a first-generation child of immigrants who fled Vietnam during the Vietnam War, I understand how the immigration process can change lives for the better. After graduating law school, it was very important to me to practice in a field of law that would allow me the opportunity to help others achieve the American dream – the same way my parents did. The ability to practice Immigration Law allows me to help others achieve that same dream. For me, there is no other field of law that is as gratifying or fulfilling. – Vi Nguyen Palacios
- January, 2022 – Co-presented on “Immigration: Are You Ready for 2022?” in a Foster webinar.
- Processing Delays and Petition Denials? Consider Litigation! – Foster LLP, August 21, 2020.
- Oh Baby! Balancing Work with Children, American Immigration Lawyers Association – New Members Division E-News, (AILA Doc. No. 15072101), July, 2015.
- Taking Care of Yourself While Taking Care of Others, American Immigration Lawyers Association – AILA Insight, (AILA Doc. No. 17071163), July 12, 2017
- Timing is Everything, American Immigration Lawyers Association, (AILA Doc. No. 18011630), January 11, 2018
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2022)