The Cabinet of Ministers in the Ukraine recently amended the procedures for work permit applications. These changes are expected to reduce processing times and provide a more streamlined application process. The principal changes include:
FASTER PROCESSING TIMES AND CHANGES IN APPLICATION DEADLINES
- Work permit processing times have been reduced from 15 to 7 calendar days.
- A shorter time period during which employers must pay the required work permit filing fee. This fee now must be paid within 10 business days after a decision has been issued. Previously, the payment was required within 30 calendar days after decision issuance.
- Employers may now file work permit extensions up to 20 calendar days prior to expiration. Prior to these recent changes, extensions were required to be filed at least 30 calendar days prior to expiration.
- Employers now have a longer period of time to submit the required, signed employment agreement as part of the application. The deadline for submission has increased from 3 to 7 business days after the agreement’s execution.
WAIVERS FOR LABOR MARKET TEST
Additionally, certain qualifying foreign nationals may obtain a waiver of the 15-day labor market search requirement. Qualifying applicants include:
- Graduates of certain higher educational institutions; and
- Applicants working in the information technology industry.
Foster will continue to monitor global immigration regulations, requirements and procedures that have an impact on immigration-related benefits and requirements, and will provide future updates via our firm’s website at www.fosterglobal.com.